West Seattle, Delridge, South Park, White Center
Seattle Neighborhood Group has a long association with Seatte's White Center, Delridge, and West Seattle neighborhoods doing community community based crime prevention activities, neighborhood events, and helping to coordinate all kinds of projects. We work to help connect those living and working in the area to each other, and to increase safety in the neighborhoods by connecting people to their local community police. If you would like to know about current public safety and community building events in this area, please join our email list for Southwest Seattle!
Seattle Neighborhood Group is working with partner agencies in Southeast, Southwest and Central Seattle to support the Mayor's new anti-violence initiative focused on youth. The Seattle Youth Violence Prevention Initiative gathers the resources of three neighborhoods to achieve two goals: a fifty percent reduction in juvenile violent crime referrals in the three neighborhoods, and a fifty percent reduction in suspensions/expulsions due to violent incidents in five selected middle schools. SYVPI director Mariko Lockhart coordinates the effort with participation from local communities, non-profits, and schools.
SNG's East African outreach project works in all of Seattle's neighborhoods to strengthen the ties of this large immigrant population to the communities where they live and work.
Resources for Residents
Many resources are available to Southwest Seattle residents, visitors, and business owners to keep neighborhoods safe and strong. Here are some of our favorites:
- Information about using the 9-1-1 system. When you see a crime in progress, or when you see suspicious activity, it is important to dial 9-1-1.
- Information about your Seattle Police Department Precinct and community contacts.
- King County Sheriff’s Department including contact information for the White Center Sheriff’s Community Storefront on the bottom right of the page.
- Connect with your Community Police Team: call (206) 684-4370 for chronic, on-going problems that have not been resolved by calling 9-1-1.
- Seattle Police Crime Prevention.
- Report Graffiti using this online form, or call (206) 684-7587.
- Report Abandoned Vehicles using this online form, or call (206) 684-8763.
- Report a Streetlight problem using this form, or call (206) 684-7056.
- How to Report Ongoing Drug Activity using 9-1-1 and your community police team.
- Seattle City Attorney's Community Liaison program Call (206) 684-4375 to contact the Attorney Liaison in the Southwest Precinct.
SNG brings many resources aside from our staff expertise in organizing groups and events:
- Our Community Education Team works in immigrant, low-income, and senior communities to educate on personal safety, using 9-1-1, identity theft, and fraud.
- CPTED site surveys for changing the physical safety of an area.
- Take Action Workshops for working with nuisance properties in your neighborhood.
- Landlord Workshops to help area landlords develop and maintain crime free property in our neighborhoods
- SNG funds and maintains two drop-in sites in the Central Area for law enforcement so they can complete paperwork without having to travel out of their assigned sector. This helps keep more officers in the neighborhoods where they are needed most.
- SNG provides meeting space for blockwatch and neighborhood safety groups in the Central Area.
If you are looking for information about activities and organizations in the East Precinct area, and cannot find it on our website, or our partner links, please contact us via email, or by phone at (206) 323-9666.